Laser Skin Resurfacing
Advances in skin rejuvenation have evolved in recent years. Dermatologists have used the carbon dioxide laser for treating acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, pigment discolorations and generalized skin damage from sun exposure. No recent advancement in cosmetic surgery has had more of an impact than the development of laser skin resurfacing. Recent advances in carbon dioxide laser technology using fractionated lasers have improved recovery and results. Lasers work by emitting a powerful beam of light which generates energy and heat that removes the superficial layers of skin. As the skin heals it is replaced by new living cells and collagen which tightens the skin resulting in a younger and smoother surface with a noticeable reduction in pore size.
Livingston Plastic Surgery employs the latest and most advanced Fraxel laser skin technology to:
- Tighten and smooth eyelid skin
- Reduce crow’s feet
- Reduce and flatten scars
- Reduce or remove keloid and hypertrophic scars (raised and red scars)
- Smooth frown lines and fine wrinkles on the cheeks and upper lip
- Remove warts and skin cancers
- Remove vascular lesions such as hemangiomas (little benign tumors made of blood vessels) and capillary malformations (e.g. port wine stains)
- Remove pigmented lesions such as freckles and birthmarks
- Treat rhinophyma (enlarged oil glands on the nose)
Laser treatments are usually performed under general or local anesthesia and on the face or facial units such as around the eyes or mouth but the neck, chest, arms, hand and even abdomen are sometimes requested.
Look and feel younger today with laser skin rejuvenation that can last for years to come. Request a consultation with us today.